Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lionel Richie @ Acer Arena (Tue, March 22)

I may not fit the target demographic very well, but I very much enjoyed this show. Richie gave a consummate performance, belting out all the hits and working the crowd with an easy going familiarity that showed he's been this for a long time. I particularly appreciated some of the funkier numbers from his days with The Commodores. The big guns, "Dancing On The Ceiling" and "All Night Long" came out right at the end, and during the latter he let Guy Sebastian (who had provided the enthusiastic but basically pretty limited opening act) onstage to share singing duties and attempt to imitate his dancing moves.

This was my first show at Acer Arena in Sydney's Homebush Olympic Park. I have to say I was very impressed with the ease of getting to and from the venue, and with the layout of the stadium itself. Sadly, this is probably the first time I can remember having such a feeling about an aspect of Sydney infrastructure...

No comments:

Post a Comment